COVID-19 Visitation Restrictions
Olympic Medical Center is taking extra steps to protect our patients, staff and visitors by restricting visitor and public access to our facilities until COVID-19 is no longer a threat in our community. For more information on COVID-19, please visit www.olympicmedical.org/coronavirus and www.clallam.net/coronavirus.
Please review our Visitation Restriction FAQ to learn more about visitation during this public health emergency.
Olympic Medical Center is screening patients and visitors for fever and respiratory symptoms at our hospital and clinic buildings. General visitors not seeking care will be strictly limited. No visitor will be allowed if they have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath), and no visitors will be allowed for inpatients who have a pending or positive COVID-19 test. Additionally, children under age 16 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances.
Visitors meeting the following exception criteria will be allowed:
- Obstetric patients may have one partner and one birth support person accompany them.
- Inpatients who are at the end-of-life may have two visitors.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, in which a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
- Minors under age 18 may have one visitor, parent, or guardian.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have 1 visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery.
- Patients who have an appointment at a Olympic Medical Center clinic, laboratory, or radiology, as well as those visiting the Emergency Department, may have one person with them, if they need assistance.
Patients and visitors will only be able to enter the hospital via the Main Entrance and Emergency Entrance. Approved visitors must sanitize their hands and wear a screening sticker upon entry. Visitors allowed must stay in the patient’s room for the duration of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the room, they must leave the medical center.
Related Closures and Cancellations
- Seasons Café at the hospital is closed to the public.
- All on-site support groups and classes have been suspended until further notice.
- The OMC Patient Financial Services office at 519 Peabody Street will be closed to walk-ins until further notice. Please know that the following options are available:
- MyChart – To make a payment or ask a billing question.
- OMC Website – To make a payment or ask billing questions. Financial Assistance documents are also available here.
- By Phone – Call (360) 417-7111 to make payments or speak to a representative.
- If you have an issue where direct contact with a financial counselor is required and you are free of fever or respiratory symptoms, please dial the phone number above to make an appointment.