What to Expect When You Visit OMC
When visiting Olympic Medical Center during this time, we want you to feel informed about what to expect well before you walk through the doors.
Effective January 19, 2022, hospital patients and OMP Clinic patients will be allowed up to one (1) visitor; requirements and exceptions apply. Olympic Medical Center is committed to providing a safe environment for our patients, staff, visitors and our community members. Please view our Visitor Guidelines page for details.
Masking Requirements at All OMC Facilities
Updated March 14, 2022
The recent lifting of the indoor mask mandate in the State of Washington does not apply to healthcare settings.
Masks are still required of all individuals – patients, visitors and staff – in Olympic Medical Center and all OMC facilities. Masks continued to be required in all healthcare settings throughout the State of Washington.
- Masks are required for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, when present at any Olympic Medical Center facility.
- Patients and visitors to any OMC facility must wear medical masks. Cloth masks are prohibited. If an individual does not have a medical mask, OMC will offer medical masks to those needing a non-cloth mask.
For the safety of our community, all staff, providers, patients and visitors are required to mask when visiting an Olympic Medical Center facility, with the exemptions as noted:
- Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct breathing or persons otherwise unable to remove a face covering without assistance.
- While communicating with a person who is deaf or hard of hearing.
- Children under the age of five.
Visitors who will not wear a face covering outside of these exemptions will be asked to leave the facility.
Patients and visitors are strongly encouraged to bring their own face masks, but masks will be provided if there is a need. Visit olympicmedical.org/face-mask for tips on how to put on and take off your face mask.