Thank you for considering career opportunities at Olympic Medical Center. We are committed to being the best place to receive care as well as a great place to work. Our benefits package offers a wide variety of programs and services to meet the needs of all our employees.
At Olympic Medical Center, we are a diverse group of individuals who have the opportunity to help transform and significantly improve the health care experience and outcomes for those we serve. We are bound together by our common mission of ‘Working together to provide excellence in healthcare.’
Our philosophy is that OMC exists for one reason – to serve our patients. Consequently, we ask that anyone who is interested in employment at OMC read our Service Excellence Standards before applying for a position.
All employees at OMC are expected to demonstrate CARE as outlined in our standards below when performing their job responsibilities.
By accessing the Careers section further, you agree to demonstrate these CARE standards should you become an employee of OMC.
C - CONSIDERATION
Be thoughtful of the rights and feelings of others.
- Answer phone within four rings; return phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Actively listen, focus on the customer, and check for understanding.
- Keep customers informed of delays.
- Limit the use of personal cell phones, texting and internet use to mealtimes and breaks.
- Discuss personal and work-related issues away from patients and visitors.
- Reduce noise in every activity, use a low voice tone.
- Show you care by washing your hands.
A - ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Express recognition, gratitude or appreciation for someone.
- Smile, make eye contact and warmly greet customers as soon as possible. When on the phone – smile first.
- Introduce yourself to the customer stating your name, department, and explain the length of process/ procedure and what to expect, and thank them (follow AIDET).
- Wear your name badge in a visible location.
- Address patients respectfully, using Mr. or Ms. until you have been given permission to do otherwise.
- Escort customers to their destination rather than directing. Offer assistance (wheelchair transport, hold doors, etc.).
R - RESPECTFULNESS
Be accepting, courteous and preserve dignity.
- Be courteous and respectful in all communications.
- Use "please” and "thank you.”
- Knock and wait for permission before entering a room.
- Demonstrate positive body language. Use facial expressions and tone of voice that are positive and professional.
- Respect and honor all matters of privacy and confidentiality.
- Be respectful of cultural differences.
- Respond promptly and courteously to customer requests.
E - EXCELLENCE
Strive to be outstanding, truly the best you can be.
- Strive to exceed the customer’s expectations. Seek out opportunities to improve the patient/family experience.
- Take pride in your personal appearance. Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with the dress code.
- Be a positive representative of Olympic Medical Center. Speak about OMC positively with coworkers and in the community.
- Be proactive in maintaining a clean, safe, and inviting environment. Pick up and dispose of any litter or spills.
- Maintain competency and acquire new skills as needed.
- Use teamwork to achieve Service Excellence.