Residents of the North Olympic Peninsula are fortunate to live in communities that not only offer a great quality of life, but also the best of modern medicine. From the latest surgical procedures to a host of outpatient services across dozens of medical specialties, Olympic Medical Center is a comprehensive, award-winning community health care provider. More important, we are your partner in health, wellness and healing.
At a glance:
- Governed by a seven-member, publicly elected board, OMC is owned by the communities it serves
- Olympic Memorial Hospital in Port Angeles, the flagship of Olympic Medical Center, has 67 hospital beds
- Approximately 150 physicians and allied health providers are on medical staff, including 92 employed by the Olympic Medical Physicians division
- Olympic Medical Center is the largest employer in Clallam County, with more than 1,300 employees in 2016, including:
- 982 Olympic Medical Center employees (Port Angeles and Sequim)
- 257 Olympic Medical Physician employees (Port Angeles and Sequim)
- 61 Olympic Medical Home Health employees (covering all of Clallam County and west Jefferson County)
- Olympic Medical Center’s 2015 patient mix includes:
- 83% Government paid insurance (59% Medicare / 17% Medicaid / 7% other government)
- 16% Commercially paid insurance
- 1% Uninsured
Olympic Medical Center's status as a rural public hospital district allows it to enter into cooperative agreements and contracts with other rural public hospital districts under the Interlocal Cooperation Act to provide for the health care needs of the people served by the hospital districts. Please click here to review our current Interlocal Agreement.